Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Christmas Puppet

This past Christmas, I had a request to make a puppet for a very special little girl who also happens to be an aspiring puppeteer.  There were no specifications, only something fun.  I knew the puppet needed to be a girl and have a certain Sesame Street style of face.  A few days before she was to be delivered, I got to work and came up with this little mop-haired, freckled friend.


I love her stumpy, chubby style- it sort of balances her over-sized purple nose.  Thanks to Nikki, my wife, the puppet had beautiful lemon yellow braids.  By the way, speaking of delivery, it is the hardest thing to send a puppet on its way when it is completed.  You spend hours with this thing and at times even catch yourself talking to it.  Geppetto and Pinocchio's relationship is so much more clear now.


Christmas morning I receive a photo text with the picture below and a quote that said, "My new best friend!" I think she was named Suzie.  Nothing like the power of creativity and puppets to get in touch with the inner child-like happiness in all of us.


 And then this happened...


No comments:

Post a Comment